March 5, 2012
Changing the toolchain in Atmel Studio 6.0 and AVR Studio 5.1
To change the toolchain in studio 6 there are two steps.
- 1. Configure a custom toolchain in the studio.
- Add the custom toolchain to the project
To configure a custom toolchain in studio, follow these steps.
- Open the Toolchain Flavor* configuration from Tools menu –> Options –> Toolchain –> Flavor configuration.
- From the list of platforms displayed, select a platform for which you want to add a toolchain.
- Click and enter the details
- In case if you want this toolchain to be configured as the default for all the projects created for the selected platform, then click
- Now you have configured a toolchain for the studio environment,
Now the next step is to create a project with this toolchain. To do that
- Create a project from File –> New project –> some project template –> select some device
- Make sure that the device you selected is previous step is supported by the toolchain you configured in the flavor configuration dialog.
- After the project is created go to the Project Properties dialog. Right click Project –> Properties –> Advanced tab.
- From the list select “Foobar” and you are done. The project will use this toolchain.
Have a good time with studio.